CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) Course Overview
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) will give you the foundation for a rewarding career as a Disability Care Worker. Imagine using your empathy and people skills to get paid helping people.
This certificate will give you the necessary skills to work in various disability care and support roles in the community services sector.
After you complete your course, you’ll have the knowledge, confidence and practical experience to work in the disability industry anywhere in Australia. You’ll learn how to understand the needs of disabled people at a deeper level while gaining personal fulfilment by making a difference to people who need help.
Skills Generation provides our students with the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to meet the needs of the local disability sector. What’s more, the disability support industry is one of the fastest-growing job sectors due to the roll-out of the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) is a comprehensive and practical course that provides an essential minimum requirement to work in the following roles:
- Personal Care Worker
- Disability Support Worker
- Disability Service Officer
- Respite Disability Support Worker
- Residential Care Worker
- Family Support Officer
- Community Support Worker
- Accommodation Support Worker
Who Is This For?
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) course is written and delivered by registered industry professionals and is continually updated to give you current information and best practices.
At the end of this course, you will be able to work in the disability sector under the direction of a supervisor, without the responsibility of other workers.
This course is for you if you want to work in a range of community services focusing on:
- Support for people with disability
- Activities which maintain personal care for people with a physical or intellectual disability
- Person-centred planning and delivery of service support
- Respite for people with disability and their carers
- Community access for people with a disability
A career in disability support can provide the job satisfaction of helping others while giving you flexibility, variety and job security.
This course is delivered online, with 120 hours of work placement. We can discuss helping you set up a relationship with a suitable organisation for your work placement training.
This course is designed for self-paced online learning with professional support. This means you’ll be able to progress through the course at your own pace, using interactive lessons designed specifically for online learning.
Timeline: 12 months course access
Assessments: Online Theory Assessments, Work Placement (120 Hours) and Practical Evidence
Nationally Accredited: Yes. Skills Generation (RTO 41008)
Course Code: CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
Austudy Approval: Yes
DESBT Subsidised: Yes, but conditions apply. For more information, refer to the Certificate 3 Guarantee Student fact sheet
Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll receive our Nationally Accredited CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability).
There are no prerequisites for this course.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 120 hours of work placement.
You need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent. If you’re not an Australian resident or on a pathway to get residency or citizenship, then click on the “learn more” button to get in touch with our staff. Our staff can assist in determining your eligibility.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Students
Recognition of Prior Learning is available to all students on commencement of the program. Should you have significant working background, training or professional development in your area of study you may be eligible to access this form of assessment. Please speak to your trainer on commencement of your program.
If you wish to find out more this option, please click on the “learn more” button to discuss your options with our staff.
What You Will Learn in CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) is the foundation for a rewarding career as a Disability Care Worker. This nationally recognised qualification allows you to work in the disability sector. You will learn to assess, tailor care and meet the needs of people living with special needs.
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) course will prepare you to:
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
- CHCCCS015 Provide individualised support
- CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being (120 hours work)
- CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
- HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- CHCDIS001 Contribute to ongoing skills development using a strengths-based approach*
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person-centred behaviour supports*
- CHCDIS003 Support community participation and social inclusion*
- CHCDIS007 Facilitate the empowerment of people with disability*
- HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures* (from https://training.gov.au/ website)
- CHCADV001 Facilitate the interests and rights of clients*
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid* (face to face learning only)
Note: * are elective units
Skills Generation 2021 Face to Face Training Calendars
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability)
Location: Evans Street Class Room
Trainer: Michelle Haber-Okonkwo
|Start Date||Days Per Week||Time||Weeks||Finish Date|
|11 January 2021||Mon to Wed (3)||9:00 – 4:00||12||31 March 2021|
|19 April 2021||Mon to Wed (3)||9:00 – 4:00||10||23 June 2021|
|12 July 2021||Mon to Wed (3)||9:00 – 4:00||10||14 September 2021|
|4 October 2021 (PH)||Mon to Wed (3)||9:00 – 4:00||10||8 December 2021|
Cost and Funding
The full cost of the online CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) is
If you are eligible for Queensland State Government funding, this will reduce to $60 (if you have a Concession Card) or $90 as your co-contribution to funded training.
The CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) is funded by the Certificate 3
Guarantee Funding because it’s a course that builds skills in a fast-growing industry.
To find out if you are eligible for these savings, click on the “learn more” button or refer to the Certificate Guarantee Fact Sheet
Skills Generation offers payment plan options for full course cost students.
The payment plan options are set up through the Smart Pay system. This payment system is a hassle-free way to make payments with direct debits. The payments are scheduled to ensure your course is paid in full when you complete your course.
If you want more information about finance options or how the Smart Pay system can work for you, click on the “learn more” button and our team will be in contact with you shortly.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be awarded the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability).
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 41008) delivering this Nationally Recognised Qualification, you can have confidence knowing that your training and certification meets industry and government requirements.
Why Choose Skills Generation?
Skills Generation provides courses based on comprehensive, up-to-date information, relevant research and proven training methods.
Our mission is to provide our students with the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to meet the needs of the local disability sector. We do this by:
- Ensuring you are successful. We keep working with you to make sure you can achieve competency because we believe that your success is our success.
- Providing professional trainers who are skilled, personable and passionate about the disability industry.
- Ensuring our course is written, delivered and continually updated by accredited industry professionals.
- Supporting you whenever you need us. We’ll get back to your emails within 24 hours (up to 72 if it’s the weekend!) but never longer. We want you to progress through your course without delays, so if we don't pick up the phones after hours, we'll get back to you the next working day.
- Giving you study flexibility. You can complete your course, as quickly or as slowly as you want, within the defined course parameters. This means you choose the learning path that suits you.
- Providing nationally recognised and accredited training. Skills Generation is a registered training organisation (RTO 41008) and the CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) is a nationally recognised qualification.
The result is that you will graduate with the theoretical and practical experience to work in various disability care and support roles in the community services sector.
Your course is assured with our industry affiliations
The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) is the policy for regulated qualifications in the Australian education and training system. The AQF underpins the national system of qualifications in Australia, encompassing higher education, vocational education and training (VET), and schools.
The National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) is the national professional body responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics on the Australian vocational education and training (VET) sector.
The Skills Assure system provides a central register of pre-approved registered training organisations (RTOs) for the delivery of training subsidised by the Queensland Government through the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training.
Skills Generation is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 41008) authorised to deliver Nationally Recognised Vocational Education and Training in all states and territories of Australia.
The Independent Tertiary Education Council Australia (ITECA) is the peak body representing independent providers in the higher education, vocational education, training and skills sectors.