This course is designed for those who have a passion for working in management in the community services sector and want to advance their career by moving into more senior management roles. The Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management is aimed at management positions in a variety of community sector organisations, community centres and early childhood education services. Employees at this level plan and monitor service delivery, recruit employees, undertake performance appraisals, manage risk and continuous improvement processes. This qualification is designed to assist leaders to build a high-performance client service ethos, increase staff capacity to make decisions, ensure decisions and projects are implemented, strengthen collaboration across the sector, and enable diverse work roles to have input into policy and practice developments.
Community Services work is focused on advocating for the rights of individuals and communities and working to ensure the social and economic inclusion of all people. Community Services workers provide support, advocacy, interventions and referral for those in need of assistance. They link people with appropriate services, groups, communities and each other and are often distinguished by the client area within which they work. These may include mental health, disability and aged care services, child and family services and youth work.
Key tasks include:
- Develop and implement policy and procedures
- Develop, implement, and review quality frameworks
- Develop and implement service programs
- Recruitment and performance appraisal of team members
- Program management
- Manage finances and risk
- Lead and manage organisational change
This work is often undertaken through employment in government services and broader community service agencies. Workers will:
- Manage and promote cultural safety for First Nations Peoples
- Manage and promote safety for culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- Manage and promote diversity
- Manage workplace health and safety
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the employing organisation and contribute to continuous improvement processes
- Work independently and report to a management committee/Board or executive management team
Benefits of Studying Course:
- Gain an Australia wide accredited qualification in Community Services Management
- Gain a learning pathway to further qualifications in Community Services including CHC82015 Graduate Certificate in Client Assessment and Case Management
- Continuing career development in an employment growth sector. According to the Australian Government’s Job Outlook Service, the Community Services sector has “Very Strong” future growth prospects with up to 30,000 jobs to be added in the sector over the next 5 years
- Access to an employment area that offers a diversity of roles and working conditions – including flexible hours and geographic location
- Develop strong community services sector management frameworks and strategies
- The CHC62015 is delivered online only. You’ll have access to Skills Generation’s Learning Management System (LMS) 24/7 for ultimate study flexibility at times that suit you
- RPL is available to qualifying students (see above)
Recommended Study Hours Per Week:
Maximum 25 hours per week. This may vary for students who are able to apply for RPL. For current workers in industry this would be considerably less.
It is anticipated that for most candidates, gap training and assessment may be required after RPL evidence has been assessed.
Learning Materials May Include:
- Paper based and/or digital content with assessments accessed online
- Access to Skills Generation Learning Management System (LMS) including Library resources
- Skype for one-on-one training sessions, group discussions and virtual classrooms
- Inclusive Learning Strategies are also available for learners with disabilities enabling them to participate on the same basis as other learners
Skills Generation provides a facilitative and collaborative environment to support the underpinnings of effective community services practice.
Assessments May Include:
Assessment is undertaken throughout the training program. Assessment is competency based and may require the completion of written questions, projects, a portfolio of evidence and workplace observation. At this level it would be expected that the candidates work experience could result in some Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).
Certification / Recognition:
On successful completion of all units of competency students will receive the nationally recognised qualification:
CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
The qualification is awarded by Skills Generation RTO41008, with training and assessment having been delivered by Skills Generation or a Third Party approved training provider.
- To be eligible to apply for government funding students must be an existing worker in the Community Services and Health industry, which includes parents and unpaid carers of NDIS participants, and may already hold a Certificate IV or higher level qualification not funded through the Higher Level Skills program
- It is preferred that the applicant has at least 1 year relevant Management experience in the Community Services sector
- Access to a computer with word processing, email, Skype/other, PDF reader capabilities and a reliable internet connection
- Ability to allocate appropriate study hours per week
Learners undertaking this qualification must demonstrate academic suitability by providing evidence of:
- Australian Year 12 Certificate of Education; or
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IB) diploma; or
- Successful completion of an Australian Qualifications Framework certificate IV or higher qualification (where the language of instruction is English), or at a level in a framework that preceded the AQF that is equivalent to level 4 or above in the AQF; or
- If the prospective student cannot provide the above documents, they will be required to display competence at Exit Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework in both reading and numeracy. Skills Generation assesses a prospective students academic competence using the Australian Government approved assessment tool ‘Basic Key Skills Builder’ (BKSB)
- Skills Generation Student Services can assist you as needed. Please talk to our friendly staff.
There is no formal work placement requirements for this course, however, it is preferred that the applicant has at least 1 year relevant Management experience in the Community Services sector.
Skills Generation’s Learning Management System (LMS) offers you a one-stop-shop for accessing your learning content and assessment, as well as allowing you to communicate with your trainer/assessor and other learners if you wish. You can upload your assessments with no size or format limits as well as accessing your trainers/assessor’s feedback and monitor your results.
You’ll have access 24/7 for ultimate study flexibility at times that suit you. The Skills Generation LMS Resources Library provides you with additional resources that may enhance your learning experience.
You’ll Need a USI:
The Commonwealth Government requires all learners doing nationally recognised, accredited training courses to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). Learners are unable to enrol without their USI. To find out more and obtain your USI please go to: https://www.usi.gov.au/students
What’s Your Investment?
This course currently attracts government funding if you meet certain eligibility criteria. For those who are eligible your co-contribution for the course could be as little as $200 - $450.
Please go to our online eligibility form and complete an obligation free assessment and we will come back to you with the results. You can then make an informed decision about proceeding.
Further information on the government funding, including eligibility criteria and funding conditions, can be found on the Student Fact Sheet which is accessible via the link below:
If you are not eligible for funding, the full cost of this course is $9,000.00
Payment Plans are available through the PaySmart payment platform. This allows you to make weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment instalments – please note that fees apply. Paying in instalments allows you to manage your finances within your budget. Student Services can assist you with further details.
We’re Here to Help:
For all course content, assessments and work placement queries your trainer/assessor is the best person to contact.
If you change your address or contact details, have questions over funding, payments, USI, enrolment etc., please contact Student Services at email@example.com. Please note that we need to be updated on any changes to your contact details.
Student Services can also connect you to the LMS Coordinator who is here to help you navigate Skills Generation’s LMS.
Anything that will make your study life easier, we’re here for you – so please don’t hesitate to contact us.
When you complete this course, you may want to enhance your skills and knowledge and your job promotion prospects by going on to study:
CHC82015 Graduate Certificate in Client Assessment and Case Management
Need to Know More?
Call our helpful team on 1800 838 295 if you need more information. It’s important to us that you enrol in the right course for you. The better informed you are, the better choices you make.
Call us, we are here to help!