SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness Course Overview
SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness is the qualification you need to become a Personal Trainer. Now you can have the ultimate in job satisfaction while getting paid to do something you love every day — being active, fit, healthy and helping clients achieve their fitness goals.
After you complete your course, you’ll be equipped with the knowledge, confidence and practical experience to work as a Personal Trainer anywhere in Australia. You’ll learn the principles of physiology, the latest in healthy eating trends, how best to motivate and instruct clients and develop programs to meet your clients’ needs, goals and fitness abilities.
Studying SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness provides you with tangible skills to make your passion for fitness your dream career. You’ll have an expert base of knowledge, and the skills to build your business as a Personal Trainer.
Fitness Generation is dedicated to improving the quality of personal trainers with a focus on fitness, strength and conditioning, athlete performance, injury prevention, rehabilitation and functional movement.
Our training is based on a multidisciplinary approach, proven coaching methods and science-based exercise practices to bring you a comprehensive Fitness Course.
Launch your career as a Personal Trainer
SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness is a comprehensive and practical course that will provide you with the knowledge, confidence and skills to become a Personal Trainer who can work independently, either inside a gym, outdoors or at clients’ homes or workplaces. More experienced personal trainers can also manage teams within fitness facilities.
It provides you with substantial knowledge to plan, conduct and evaluate exercise training; provide leadership and guidance to clients and staff; and deal with unpredictable situations.
Fitness Instructors instruct groups to help clients increase their physical wellbeing and fitness. They work in fitness centres, studios, gyms, physical rehabilitation centres and often work on a casual or part-time basis, servicing more than one provider and set of clients.
Holders of SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness will be qualified Personal Trainers who can train clients one-on-one, or in groups, delivering training sessions and working with children, adolescents, adults and senior clients. They will have the knowledge and skills to ensure they can cater for the needs of all individual clients.
As well as providing enhanced career opportunities, completion of this course can also lead to further study at a Diploma level.
Who Is This For?
SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness is written and delivered by registered industry professionals and is continually updated to give you current information and best practices.
This course is for you if you want to:
- Work in the fitness, health and wellbeing industry
- Work in a range of fitness industry businesses - including fitness centres, leisure centres, aquatic centres, community facilities and gyms
- Work in open spaces and conduct Bootcamps as a Bootcamp Instructor
- Work as your own boss and run your own Personal Training business
- Work with older adults, athletes or children
- Have an inspiring job that motivates others and gives you satisfaction by having the chance to make a positive change in people’s lives
- Get paid to be fit and healthy
- Learn more about physical performance and how the body works
- Flexibility when you work – you can either get up early or work late
- Be a role model by inspiring and motivating others
This course is designed for self-paced online learning with professional trainer support. This means you will be able to progress through the course at your own pace, using interactive lessons designed specifically for online learning.
Timeline: 6 - 12 months course access
Assessments: May include Professional discussions with your trainer, Online theory assessments including short answer questions, assignments and case studies, and Demonstration of practical skills in-person or via digital recording.
Nationally Accredited: Yes. Fitness Generation (RTO 41008)
Course Code: SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness
Austudy Approval: Yes
Once you’ve completed your course, you’ll receive Fitness Generation’s Nationally Accredited SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness.
To be eligible for admission to SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness students must hold SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness, or hold the following units of competency or units that have been superseded by these units:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid;
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety;
- SISFFIT032 Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation;
- SISFFIT033 Complete client fitness assessments;
- SISFFIT035 Plan group exercise sessions;
- SISFFIT036 Instruct group exercise sessions;
- SISFFIT040 Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients;
- SISFFIT047 Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise;
- SISFFIT052 Provide healthy eating information.
You need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent. If you’re not an Australian resident or on a pathway to get residency or citizenship, then click on the “Learn More” button to get in touch with our staff. Our staff can assist with determining your eligibility.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Recognition of Prior Learning is available to all students on commencement of the program. Should you have significant working background, training or professional development in your area of study you may be eligible to access this form of assessment. Please speak to your trainer on commencement of your program.
If you wish to find out more this option, please click on the “Learn More” button to discuss your options with our staff.
The cost of the online SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness course is:
Are You Interested in a Dual Qualification?
Special Bundled Offer - SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness and SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness
Fitness Generation’s special offer combines two courses, SIS30321 Certificate III in Fitness and SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness for a discounted price of:
This is a $500 saving.
With this dual qualification, you will learn the essential knowledge and skills to instruct personal training programs, group personal training, exercise for children, adolescents, adults and senior clients as well as how to operate your own personal training business
To find out about our special bundled offer, click on the “Learn More” and we will be in touch with you shortly.
Fitness Generation offers payment plan options to allow you to pay for the course as you progress through your studies.
The payment plan options are set up through the PaySmart system. This payment system is a hassle-free way to make payments via direct debits. The payments are scheduled to ensure your fees are paid in full by the time you complete your course.
If you want more information about finance options or how the PaySmart system can work for you, click on the “Learn More” button and our team will be in contact with you shortly.
Upon successful completion of your course, you’ll be awarded SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness.
When you choose Fitness Generation as your Registered Training Organisation (RTO 41008) for this Nationally Recognised Qualification, you can have confidence knowing that your training and certification meet industry and government requirements.
We proudly partner with select Australian Universities to provide pathway options for university study. University pathways include guaranteed entry and credit for our graduates of Certificate IV and Diploma qualifications.
Learn more about university pathways for our graduates https://www.skillsgeneration.com.au/university-pathways/
Why Choose Fitness Generation?
Fitness Generation offers you training underpinned by the latest in exercise, fitness and health sciences. Our course is based on comprehensive, up-to-date training, relevant research and proven coaching methods.
Our mission is to raise the standard of personal trainers, one student at a time. We do this by:
- Ensuring you are successful. We keep working with you to make sure you can achieve competency because we believe that your success is our success.
- Providing professional trainers who are skilled, personable and passionate about the fitness industry.
- Ensuring our course is written, delivered and continually updated by accredited industry professionals.
- Supporting you whenever you need us. We’ll get back to your emails within 24 hours (up to 72 if it’s the weekend!) but never longer. We want you to progress through your course without delays, so if we don't pick up the phones after hours, we'll get back to you the next working day.
- Giving you study flexibility. You can complete your course, as quickly or as slowly as you want, within the defined course parameters. This means you choose the learning path that suits you.
- Providing nationally recognised and accredited training. Fitness Generation is a faculty of Skills Generation, a registered training organisation (RTO 41008) and SIS40221 Certificate IV in Fitness is a nationally recognised qualification.
This means you will graduate with the theoretical and practical experience to become a leader in the Health and Fitness Industry.
Your course is assured with our industry affiliations
The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) is the policy for regulated qualifications in the Australian education and training system. The AQF underpins the national system of qualifications in Australia, encompassing higher education, vocational education and training (VET), and schools.
The National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) is the national professional body responsible for collecting, managing, analysing and communicating research and statistics on the Australian vocational education and training (VET) sector.
The Skills Assure system provides a central register of pre-approved registered training organisations (RTOs) for the delivery of training subsidised by the Queensland Government through the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training.
Fitness Generation is a faculty of Skills Generation, a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 41008) authorised to deliver Nationally Recognised Vocational Education and Training in all states and territories of Australia.
Meet Your Trainer
In 2017 Storm co-founded and managed The Movement Functional Training fitness studio until it was ready for sale in 2019. It is still running successfully today www.themovementft.com.au
Storm has been running a successful personal training business since 2006 with thousands of satisfied customers.
Storm has been a brand ambassador for Lululemon Athletica since 2019
2016 CrossFit Open competitor and qualified CrossFit judge
2014 1st place Queensland – Goodlife “Fitter Faster Stronger” 12-week competition
2012 “Defensive player of the year” The Sunshine Coast Spartans (Queensland Gridiron)
2010 My Fitness Clubs “Personal Trainer of the Year”
Storm was crowned junior world champion in both of his junior years in natural bodybuilding (I.N.B.A. 2003 and 2004)
In 2005, after fracturing both of his arms in a freak weightlifting accident and being told he would never lift heavy weights again, Storm recovered and went on to receive first place in the Australian Men’s Open division in 2006
I.N.B.A. (International Natural Bodybuilding Association) bodybuilding titles:
- 2006 Australian Open champion
- 2006 ACT Overall champion
- 2006 ACT Open champion
- 2004 Junior World champion (Las Vegas, US)
- 2004 Men’s Novice Overall champion (Las Vegas, US)
- 2004 ACT Overall champion
- 2004 Junior ACT champion
- 2004 Junior Australia – 3rd place
- 2004 Junior N.S.W. champion
- 2004 Junior North Coast champion
- 2003 Junior World champion (Auckland, NZ)
- 2003 Junior Australia – 2nd place
- 2003 Junior ACT champion